Friday, January 4, 2008

A tour of my house

I've been digging out a little bit in the past few days, so I thought I would give you all a tour of my house. I used to live in a 2 room apartment, but I moved across the compound to a bigger house about a year and a half ago. My small house was developing some serious cracks in the walls, so I was advised to move to another house. At first, I rattled around in this big place, but now I dread the thought of ever moving back into the small house. Right now there are only 3 singles on a compound designed to house 6 families and 5 singles, so there are houses to spare!
Anyway, welcome to my home.

You enter through a small greeting area, pass through a curtain and voila, living room, kitchen and dining room. Check out the new curtains. I just put those up a few months ago, thanks to Teresa who sewed them all. Look at the end of the room. See the fancy wiring? I have extension cords that run from my bedroom at the end of the hall (where the batteries and inverter are) to the living room. I got tricky with getting power to my home office which is the room next to my bedroom. I strung an extension cord across the ceiling and drilled a hole through the wall. It might not be pretty, but it gets the job done.

Look at my pretty new bookcase! I received some Christmas money and found this bookcase for an affordable price. I had been looking for a bookcase for that spot ever since Suellen returned from furlough and reclaimed hers. A few of the books on it were purchased with Christmas money too. No bargain books here. $14 for a paperback, maybe $5-7 for a used paperback. Not much available either.



A kitchen is a kitchen.


You can't see it very well, but the family who had the house before me left a locally made china cabinet. It's not gorgeous, but it's nice to have some closed in places to display things.


Down the hall, the first door to the left is the bathroom. Yes, I do have an indoor one, but I didn't think you needed a picture. Let me know if you do. The second door is the guest room, third, my home office where I sit typing this right now. The door at the very end is my bedroom. There's a door to the right that leads into the back yard.



Guest room ready and waiting. Never been used except by a fellow missionary needing a place to hide out and sleep.


The messy office. I haven't dug out here yet. I'm too busy blogging.



The bedroom, complete with cat. She'll share the bed, but only if you don't move around too much. It's a waterbed and she is nervous since the day that I laid down on the bed and catapulted her off as she was perched on the edge of the bed. It offended her dignity especially when I was laughing hysterically.




Hope you enjoyed the tour.






3 comments:

amanda said...

WOW! That was a BIG upgrade from your last place, huh? Does it still get crowded with village visitors??

Thanks for all the pics, its nice to have a mental image of where things happen...I didn't realize that you moved, so I kept picturing your old place!

Aji said...

Yes, it does still get crowded with village visitors. Some days every seat is filled and kids have the toys scattered all over. Being a little off the beaten path helps control the number of visiters though. I don't get as many that are just wandering around the compound. In case you didn't recognize it, it's the Johnsons house.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.