Saturday, January 19, 2008

House tour continued

I decided that I hadn't shown you part of my house- the back patio. I don't get to enjoy it very often, but the flowers are pretty. The flowers and patio itself are courtesy of the previous occupants of the house, the Johnson family. The only problem with it is that before you can really enjoy it you have to sweep out all the dirt and leaves that blow into it and of course ignore the people that are calling at the front door. Sometimes if I have a little extra time in the morning, I'll eat my breakfast out here. This time of year it's too cold for that (60's and 70's at night) and the sun doesn't come up until around 7 am.

This is my "hot" water heater. The tank and the plumbing were left behind by the Johnsons and a group of men who came to help us last spring built the tower and put it up for me. For much of the year it really does help give you a warm shower when you want one. So far I've found that it works best if its only half full, but I haven't had it during the hottest part of the year yet, when ironically, you are content with a cold shower most of the time. This time of year when it's so cold (at least for those of us with thinned tropical blood), showers are still too chilly to enjoy. Sometimes nothing will do but heating some water on the stove to put in a bucket for a "bucket shower".

2 comments:

amanda said...

beautiful flowers! I'm intrigued by the hot water heater...sounds like a good development. I remember those "bucket showers" vividly!

I chuckled at the "its too cold for that 60's and 70's" part! All depends on where you live, huh??

Thanks for the continued updates, I love checking your blog!

amanda said...

Hey Aji, I 'tagged' you on my blog. Sounds weird, right? You can check it out on my blog if you want...and if you do it, you can change any or all the rules that you want...that's the rule that I added =)