Thursday, February 7, 2008

Just curious

When I first started writing this blog, I didn't know if anyone would read it, but I figured that I would give it a shot. I got some positive feedback from a few people who read it, so I've made an effort to post regularly. I really started getting excited when I put the counter on the blog page and saw that people really were reading the blog. Not tons of people, but enough to encourage me.

Now, however, I want some more feedback. If you check this blog regularly, post a comment so I know who's reading. Even if I don't know you, post a comment. That makes things even more fun! Tell me something you want me to blog about. Maybe one of my earlier blogs sparked a question in your mind. Ask me the question. I have lived here in The Gambia for a long time. Many things that seem pretty normal to me, don't seem normal to you.

Okay, all, comment away!

If I don't get any comments, I'm going to think that Lutz family logs on several times a day, just to make me feel better. :=)

9 comments:

amanda said...

I had to chuckle at the last line!!! I hope more people comment so you won't be disappointed to find its just us =)

I know, I've been there, but its been awhile, so could you blog about the market and what is available to purchase there vs. in the capitol city???

TLC said...

Hi, I had to leave a comment, so that you know others beside that CRAZY Lutz family checks in, although, I have to admit I did get your link from the cute little kid, Amanda!

I would like to know something a little funny, is nutmeg(the nuts themselves) readily available in your area?

mumsee said...

Hi Joanne, from one of your worldmag fans! I check in once or twice a week, I would love to read more but you don't post enough. Time and access may be an issue so I will be patient. Anything you can tell us about the people and culture and challenges and joys. The weather? The animals? The beliefs? Is it "pure" muslim or mixed with something else? Just being nosey, don't mind me... Wow, that was a lot of work, hope it works this time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne, we found your blog from Suellen's. We loved the tales of the Sisterhood.

Suellen Black said...

Yes, it is me a fellow SPT. Ineed to check in to see what you are up to behind closed doors. You never know what you can get yourself into way on the other side of the compound.

Hannatu said...

I enjoyed these last few posts! If you're not married, why be miserable about it? I love your sense of humor and your joy. About not eating slippery things....what do you do when given a bowl of whatever covered with okra sauce!!!? LOL!

Anonymous said...

A reader from Williamson, New York!
(My folks are good friends with Suellen's folks.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne!

You don't know me quite yet, but that will change soon enough (or maybe not so soon enough). I'm one of the newest prefielders and will hopefully soon be in The Gambia with you working alongside Suellen.

Sarah

Dusty Penguin said...

I read your blog regularly. Sometimes I get a little behind, but I always catch up from time to time. I work 2 jobs during the winter, so don't do as much with blogging, facebook, etc. But I love your stories.