Friday, March 7, 2008

Invitation

This post is specifically for Amanda, but the rest of you can read it too. (I'm getting used to that kind of thing since I got on Facebook.)

The SPTs have been pondering your situation with Brad's coming deployment and we feel that we have arrived at the perfect solution. We are hereby extending you an invitation to join the Sisters of Perpetual Togetherness here in Ndungu Kebbeh for the duration of Brad's deployment.

Now doesn't that sound more fun than staying home alone? Hey, you would at least be on the same continent as your husband (still 3000 miles apart, but hey...). You would have the support and entertainment provided by the sisters, the sisters would have your two too cute children to play with and you could work on writing the by-laws for the sisterhood. We have had requests for other chapters, but we've been too busy to write the by-laws.

We know some of the basics:
1. SPTs support each other through thick and thin, when one feels weak, the rest step in.
2. SPTs like to have a good time. Even meetings turn into fun.
3. SPTs function as a unit, aware of and accepting each others strengths and weaknesses.
4. SPTs pray together regularly.

That's all we have so far, although we have discussed the dues that all other members/chapters will be required to send to the founding chapter members. We haven't set an amount yet, but all fees may be paid in M&M's or their equivalent. :-)

So, what do you think? Sounds good, huh?

No matter what, find some SPTs to help you through Brad's deployment. The SPTs here in NK will be supporting you.

1 comment:

amanda said...

oh my heavens...what a tremendous invitation!!! If I wouldn't lose my government housing, I might consider it...do you think I could raise the support to come over and write the by-laws...or better yet, could I get a visa??? =)

I laughed and then almost cried...it is so wonderful to know so many people are supporting our family, even the SPTs that I haven't met (yet). I'll have to start my own chapter here...let me know about the dues, plain, peanut, peanut butter, etc...